The best of muscle, bone, spine, and joint care. All under one roof.
We designed every inch of our facility around your needs as an orthopedic patient. That means bringing together everything necessary for muscle, bone, spine, and joint care — all in one place.
Use the virtual tour above to explore our Appleton campus.
Use the map below for quick navigation to campus features.
Recovery Inn is a first-of-its-kind recovery facility, dedicated to superior care for hip, knee, and spine patients. We designed Recovery Inn to feel less like a medical facility, and more like a five-star hotel. So we built it with your comfort and privacy in mind—all while providing personalized care to ensure your complete healing.
At Recovery Inn, you’ll find:
- Hotel-inspired rooms, with patient-operated lighting, climate, and entertainment
- Custom, made-to-order meals, prepared by gourmet chefs
- A central “courtyard” for relaxation and family time
- Custom-sewn pants and shirts, designed for your comfort and dignity
- All nurses and amenities within steps of your room
- Onsite physical therapy, with specialists in joint replacement recovery
- Onsite medical director and anesthesiologist to closely monitor progress and minimize any pain
We built the OSI surgery center for orthopedic surgery. That’s all. That means designing our pre-operative, operating, and recovery rooms only for your specific needs as an orthopedic patient. It means dedication to privacy and comfort for you and your family. And an orthopedics-only focus means you’ll recover with other healthy patients, minimizing the risk of infection.
Our surgery center is unique in a lot of ways. Here are a few:
• Private prep rooms for patients and their families
• Separate space for insurance or financial consultation
• Custom-made pants and shirts for comfort and dignity
• Warming blankets for patient comfort
• Overnight recovery rooms, with hotel-inspired comfort and entertainment amenities
• Dedicated exit with carport, separate from main entrance for convenience and privacy
“Medical recovery” and “great food” aren’t terms you usually hear together. At OSI, we’ve changed that. The Corner Café is a full-service restaurant inside the Recovery Inn, featuring a custom menu, daily specials, and made-to-order meals. Order what you'd like, when you want it, morning till night. Enjoy in the privacy of your room or join family and friends in the Corner Café for a more social dining experience.
At OSI, we’ve included MRI where it can be most convenient for our patients—right here on campus. On-demand access means you can see your doctor, get a scan, and talk results, all in the same day.
And like everything else at OSI, we designed our Imaging Center for your convenience and comfort.
• On-site radiologists are available to read MRI scan results immediately
• Private locker room and restroom allow you to stay within the Imaging Center
• A large window lets natural light into the MRI room, for a more relaxing experience
When it comes to filling prescriptions, we’ve thought about that, too. We’ve installed an InstyMeds prescription dispenser in our atrium, so you can pick up any medications before leaving our building. The dispenser is quick, easy to use, and accepts credit, debit, and cash. So you can be on your way, with no need to make a stop at the pharmacy.
With the atrium, we’ve brought in the classical elements—earth, air, water, and fire—to create a relaxing, stressless space. It’s wide open, welcoming, and filled with light—just the kind of place you wouldn’t expect from a medical facility. We don’t believe in medical business as usual, and it’s clear from the moment you enter our building.
Our atrium features:
• Water wall, fireplace, and comfortable seating
• Complimentary fully stocked beverage bar with coffee, tea, juice, and soft drinks
• High ceilings and large windows for plenty of space and natural light
• Free high-speed wireless internet access
When you first enter the Orthopedic & Sports Institute, we want you to feel welcome. That’s why we’ve taken a cue from our favorite hotels, with a full-time concierge. We’ll greet you, help you in or out of your car, or just point you in the right direction. If you need a wheelchair, we’ll get you one. If you’re thirsty, we’ll bring you whatever you’d like from the beverage bar. And if there’s anything else you need when you arrive, just ask.
At OSI, we’ve partnered with Great Lakes Orthotics to fill an important role in the complete orthopedic experience. Our orthotist, Perry Alger, C.O., is a true craftsman, who fabricates custom-fitted braces and body support for each individual patient’s needs. He’s also one of only two orthotists in the state with body scanning technology and CNC milling for a perfect fit. And with his fully functional workshop on the OSI campus, we can fit you right here.
Muscle, bone, spine, and joint care wouldn’t be complete without world-class physical therapy. That’s why we’ve partnered with Advanced Physical Therapy to include it on-site at OSI. You’ll get yourself better in an energetic and encouraging atmosphere. Open space motivates patients to challenge one another—or you can choose to work out in a private room. Floor-to-ceiling windows let the outside in. Outdoor space is available, so we can work with you on natural surfaces. And with physical therapy on campus, your doctor can easily speak directly with your therapist to monitor your progress.
We’ve designed our clinics to encourage interaction among all of our providers. Open sight lines and standing-height counters bring our doctors together to consult with one another. It’s a truly collaborative environment, which means our patients can benefit from the collective expertise of our whole team.