The Orthopedic & Sports Institute (OSI) is seeking a part time Patient Service Representative for our Ambulatory Surgery Center. The hours will be Monday – Wednesday 7 am – 3pm with flexibility to change hours based on patient volume and PTO coverage. The successful candidate will create a positive first impression to establish a great patient experience.
- Answers incoming phone calls and manages needs of caller in a polite and friendly manner
- Greets all patients, vendors, and visitors in a warm and friendly manner
- Assists patients with insurance/account questions as able or refer to billing specialist
- Prints and distributes operative reports
- Prints post op appointment slips for next days surgeries
- Releases medical and billing records using appropriate release forms
- Prepares patient charts to include all information necessary according to policies and procedures. H&Ps, lab work, EKGs, orders, etc. Makes phone calls to medical offices to get information, when needed
- Maintains correct and full medial record as specified in policy and procedures
- Conducts audit on each chart to assure completeness, files according to policy and procedures.
- Follows up on all incomplete charts to assure corrections are completed
An extraordinary support team
● Cutting-edge technology and access to the most advanced processes
● The opportunity to collaborate and share ideas for continuous improvement
- Stipend for OSSC apparel and scrubs
- Basic knowledge of patient care/services administered in a surgery center, knowledge of physiology, anatomy, neurology and medical terminology specifically orthopedic related is desirable and would be preferred.
- Knowledge of the EPIC medical records system is desirable. Effective typing and computer skills required.
- Exceptional customer service with effective communication and organizational skills are imperative to this position.
- Prior customer service experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.